Thursday, October 4, 2007

Being the change

"My job is a decision making...job. And as part of it I have to make a lot of decisions." -our President

"Mandela is dead." - also our President

I am so very sick of this. Beyond sick. There are no words to describe how appalling I find this administration. Which is why I plan to participate in a march against this God forsaken war. I have to sit up. I have to do something. I've been passive for too long.

On a more hopeful note, I've created a team for Lee's National Denim Day for Cancer Research (which is tomorrow!). If you are reading this and are so inspired, please try to donate to my team which is entitled "For Das" in honor of my mom :o) It's at denimday.com.

I keep seeing a magnet at Whole Foods that says "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Trying to take a few small steps towards that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of the woman you are. And so touched that you raised funds for cancer research in my name. Thank you darling.
And you've inspired us to march in NYC against the Iraqi war. All my love, Mom xxxooo