Sunday, September 2, 2007

Missing Maine


I played some music by Betty Buckley on my iPod today. She does a cover of Mary Chapin Carpenter's "Come On Come On" which is a beautiful song about loss and the uncertainty of the future. My mom and I listened to it on our dock in Maine on one of the last nights before I left for college. I also played it after they dropped me off in my dorm and I unpacked things.
It's fitting for today. I miss Maine. It's such a safe and happy cocoon. And so so lovely. I get to revert back to childhood a few weeks out of the year and its almost devastating when I have to return to the adulthood thing. I'm trying hard not to think about it too much. Autumn is lovely after all, and I have things to look forward to. I'm excited for the apple picking and Halloween (hopefully a trip to Salem!) and other things.

I miss Mom and Dad and Morgie, though. It's really nice to have people around who know every part of you and don't care and still love you. It's nice to be able to share things with them. It's also nice to have a puppy to cuddle with at night. She's fast becoming my significant other.
I'm feeling listless today. Not much to do. I've been on the internet forever. I should make dinner soon. Kinda lonely. Oh well. Back to adult life.

No comments: